Thursday, February 26, 2009

Avatar

Hmm.

For lack of things to post, I shall reveal my latest addiction.
I am addicted to.....

Avatar : The Last Airbender


Meet Aang, the 12-year old savior-of-the-world.

This series is light-hearted, simple, yet entertaining. Their charcacters are fresh, and less-angsty than the usual anime characters I'm accustomed to. Aang, Katara, Zuko, and even the non-bender Sokka are quite agile and not at all helpless, something I appreciate. The graphics are clean and bright, and the storylines are varied in nature. :) The stories are meaningful and simple. I don't think I can describe them well enough to do them justice; you'll have to watch them yourself. :p

I especially like the episode where many short stories based on each character were featured; I think Iroh's story was the saddest one of all. :( I like Iroh; I think he is a good teacher and a great source of inspiration, advice and laughs. He also makes great tea! :)


Iroh, the Dragon of the West.

Avatar spans 3 seasons; Book 1 of Water, Book 2 of Earth, and Book 3 of Fire. All in all, 61 episodes. They air on Nickelodeon.
They have light moments...


Aang, Katara(bottom left), and Sokka(bottom right).

...and serious ones as well.


Left to right : Toph, Aang, Sokka, Katara.

As you watch through the seasons, you watch Aang and Co. grow and mature, through heartaches, sorrow and joy. And the battle scenes are cool too! :) Zuko's the perfect, persistent, conflicted anti-hero that you never want to have at your heels. >_<" He's also damn lucky to have such a caring uncle as Iroh.

Guess what?


July 2010. WHY-FREAKING-JULY-2010??!

I. Can't. Wait. TvT


The actor for Aang is a cute 12-year old (they got the age right) unknown, Noah Ringer. Nicola Peltz will fill in for Katara while Jackson Rathbone plays her brother, Sokka.

Btw, Mr. Rathbone played Jasper Hale in Twilight. I cannot imagine the pale-skinned, laid-back vampire becoming the tanned, clumsy, complaining Sokka. O.o

I guess stage makeup really is magic. :p

So, thanks to the cruel trailers, I will have to patiently wait for next year. ;D

No comments: