Monday, January 19, 2009

Chest Examinations

Last week, I had CSU and we were to learn to perform chest examinations, for the cardiovascular system. I revised the day before, hoping it'll be enough and that the doctor teaching us would not demand we chuck our manuals aside.

FAT HOPE.

That was the first thing she told us; "Put aside you manuals.." I should've known... =_="

I don't know whether to count myself lucky or not; my SP was a decently cute fellow. :p He was an eyecandy and a distraction rolled into one. The former was good; I sincerely believe, and this ain't just justification, lol, that having eyecandies is vital to keep stress away. Hehe. The latter... well, being distracted in class is never good, right? *sigh*

Well, I got called up second to complete the examination. I was like, "not me not me not- shit." The doctor - I don't know her name, but she's was a nice, though kinda intimidating lady- told me to begin. That meant I had to inspect the chest. Hmm.

Let me set this straight:
1. I slept late the previous night. So I was kinda tired.

2. I woke up late; half an hour before my class when I was supposed to wake one and a half hour earlier. So I did not have breakfast yet.
3. The fellow was cute. :)

So if you add those factors together : Tired + Hungry + Cute SP = Almost Delirious Me.

Then you ask me to stare at the fellow's chest. =////=

My brain goes blank and initiates partial shutdown and you get a very blur, very panicked zombie, who is trying not to blush and figure out the correct answer :

Me : He has no scarrings..?

Doctor : No.. *shakes head and looks on expectingly*

Me : Er, he has no deformities...?

Doctor : Noooo... *looks at me desparingly*

Me : Er... *draws on a blank & looks to her very quiet friends* Help me!!

Everyone : *laughs*

Ugh. How was I to know she specifically wanted me to say, "He has no visible pulsations." ???
All my answers I gave her was in the manual and in Tally's!

Graaah. Even the Sp laughed! =_=" Seems like I've got lots to learn...

And I didn't touch the SP much, I mean, most of us didn't manage to actually perform the examination on the SP. All I touched was his apex beat with my finger. =_=" Didn't even use the steth.

I'm gonna havta snag a junior to be my SP slave soon. And he's got to at least have a decent bod- Hey, it's so I can hear and examine his heart better, okay? No ulterior motives!

;)

No comments: